Prahlad Jani (Mataji): the Indian hermit with no food or water for more than 70 years

Update (November 11th, 2010): Address of Prahlad Jani (Mataji)

Dear all,

One of the readers of this blog, simran, has just provided us with the address of Prahlad Jani. I quote from his comment: “its in Amba JI Gabbar Pahar, half an hour drive from Abu Road railway station, after reaching Amba JI asked anyone for Chunriwale Mataji, everybody knows him, but the meeting days are only Sunday and Puranmaasi from 8-12am.”

Thank you simran. Much appreciated!

Indian military scientists are studying an 82-year-old who claims he has not had any food or drink for more than 70 years. The holy man claims that he derives energy through meditation.

Prahlad Jani is being held in isolation since April 22nd 2010 in a hospital in Ahmedabad, Gurjarat, where he is being closely monitored by India’s defence research organization, who believe he may have a genuine quality which could help save lives.

So far, Mr Prahlad appears to be standing up to scrutiny. He has not eaten or drunk any fluids in six days, and similarly has not passed urine or a stool in that time. He remains fit and healthy and shows no sign of lethargy. Doctors will continue observing him for 15 days in which time they would expect to see some muscle wastage, serious dehydration, weight loss, and fatigue followed by organ failure.

More information on this in the video below by BBC:

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Comments

Comment from racha
Time May 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM

hehe ! it s unbelievable ! 70 years ???
i think he was eating or drinking in secret ! lol

Comment from Ajit Harisinghani
Time May 17, 2010 at 2:16 AM

At the Kumbh this year, at a swami’s ashram, I met a European lady who, someone claimed (and I believe this to be true) has not eaten for decades - just drinks tea. This lady looked around 40 but was actually in her early 60s. Whenever she passed near me, I felt sapped of energy. I asked others around and they said yes, they did feel a bit weakened whenever she passed by. I then observed that her eyes ‘connected’ with everyone along her path and rewarded them with a dazzling smile (she was a beautiful woman).
That made me wonder whether an energy transfer was taking place between her and others? That we are all pulsating, vibrating units of energy is not a new thought. Does a transfer take place from one to another? Can this ‘transfer’ be measured? It must be related to a person’s vitality. How come certain people are bouncing with energy while others appear listless? Lots of questions bombarding me after I read about Mataji. S/he is a glimpse of the vast, undiscovered powers of human consciousness.
Ajit Harisinghani
Pune, India

Comment from Anonymous
Time August 9, 2010 at 4:07 AM

in real life this way happen so great no pressure to earn money for stomach we can use that money for another helpful people

Comment from PREMRAJ SANCHETI
Time September 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM

RESPECTED SIR I NEED Prahlad Jani (Mataji) ADDRESS,CONTACT NUMBER SO PIEASE PROVIDE US .

Comment from Shikha
Time September 5, 2010 at 2:25 PM

i need help immediately. please provide me the address and contact number asap.

Comment from Alakendu
Time September 6, 2010 at 1:58 AM

I need the contact address of Mataji where i can go to seek the blessings. Is it in Ahmedabad then please provide the detail address.

Comment from PUJA
Time September 9, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I NEED CONTACT AND ADDRESS OF MATA JI .. PLEASE PROVIDE DETIAL. REGARDS PUJA aGARWAL

Comment from dilip
Time September 10, 2010 at 4:45 AM

i recently saw a documentary on mataji,it created a aurge to meet him, i regularly involve my self in meditation,it will be learning experience to meet,iam seriously planning meet him,so please sent me his proper adress,phone no,how can i reach him form banglore

Comment from pankaj
Time September 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I NEED CONTACT AND ADDRESS OF MATA JI .. PLEASE PROVIDE DETIAL. REGARDS pankajgupta

Comment from pankaj
Time September 10, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I NEED CONTACT ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF MATA JI .. PLEASE PROVIDE DETIAL. REGARDS pankajgupta

Comment from kirti
Time September 11, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Mataji address in mahesana , a Ambaji temple mataji live there in hill can go fm ahmdabad to Ambaji direct a 6 hrs jpourney and in Ambaji ask Mataji anybody tell.
kirti

Comment from darshana padole
Time September 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I wd like to meet Mataji. plz provide me His address n contact no. with regards darshu

Comment from pinky kushwaha
Time September 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Respected Sir im pinky kushwaha i belong to lucknow and i have very big prob related to my father and mother
.my father creates many prob for my mother i cannt explain what he have done or he will do.i love very much to my mother.colud u help me ??.plz say my prob to prahlad jani(mata ji) im sure he solve my problems.

Comment from anjali nagare
Time September 17, 2010 at 12:12 PM

pls provide me mataji address.

Comment from Kulbhushan
Time September 19, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Comment from saurabh kumar
Time September 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM

i need contact no and address of mata jiplease provide us my sister create so medically problem

Comment from Vishal
Time September 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM

hi kindly send me the address and number to contact you..

Comment from reena roy
Time September 23, 2010 at 4:56 AM

I NEED CONTACT AND ADDRESS OF MATA JI .. PLEASE PROVIDE DETIAL. REGARDS

Comment from Meghna Dogra
Time September 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Comment from Gautam Baranwal
Time September 28, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I have a great respect for him, he is real siddha purush. His claim was verified by dr and scientist. he is realy powered by mata ji.

Comment from musht
Time September 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

oh my god……… i belive this……..but

Comment from brijmohan nishad
Time September 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Dear Sir,

Please forward the address of Prahlad Jani it’s very urgent to meet mataji….. could you please send me the address and contact number of mataji……… i’ll be very thankful to you for this…

Comment from uma sharma
Time September 30, 2010 at 4:06 AM

mata ji parnam,

mai aapke darshan karne chahte hu aur apne zindgi safal banana chahati hu,
kirpaya kar mujhe aapne pata bataoo..
dhanaywad.

Comment from subhash ahuja
Time September 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM

need the address of prahalad jani (mataji)

Comment from shipra
Time October 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM

please, kindly provide me “Mataji’Prahalad jaani’s” phone no. and address as soon as possible.
becoz i m suffering badly and i need mataji’s blessings.

Comment from kiran karachiwala
Time October 16, 2010 at 2:19 AM

i want jani bapu address or telephone number thank you.

Comment from admin
Time October 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Hi all,
Unfortunately I do not have the address of Prahlad Jani. I would appreciate if any of the readers could provide it.
Rabih

Comment from simran
Time November 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM

its in Amba JI Gabbar Pahar, half an hour drive from Abu Road railway station, after reaching Amba JI asked anyone for Chunriwale Mataji, everybody knows him, but the meeting days are only Sunday and Puranmaasi from 8-12am. We got the opportunity to meet him and our experience was wonderful, out of the world.

Comment from admin
Time November 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Thank you simran!

Comment from simran
Time November 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM

My pleasure,
if you are planning to meet Mata ji, just make sure to take three apples with you, apples should be red without any spot (daag) and washed, that’s the prasad he will give to you from his own hands. and prefer to go in Poornamasi because sundays sometime he won’t be available but on pooranmasi he will definitely be there.

Comment from Raghubir Singh
Time December 28, 2010 at 8:22 AM

one has to go to Abu road(Rajasthan) by train and to reach Amba ji(Gujrat). It is 20 kms from Abu Road and approachable by bus,jeeps, taxi, which are easily available. Then Mata chunawale is just 3 kms from Amba ji. Please take 3 Red Apples(without Washed and without Spot) for all diseases and Anaar for cancer patient.Prefer to go on Purnima because sometimes Mata ji is not available on Sunday. Amba ji is 190 KMs from Ahemdabad(Gujrat). Donot put the Parsad i.e. sabe (apple or anaar on Land) after given by Mata Ji. Mangal kamnanyan. JAI AMBE MAAN.

Comment from Raghubir Singh
Time December 28, 2010 at 8:36 AM

If one want to meet Chunariwale Mata, prefer to reach there by 7 AM to avoid heavy rush. If the patient is with you it is better, otherwise one can take 3 red apples (spotless and without washed ) for other diseases and 3 anaar (Daram in local gujrati language) and these are not to be puton the land after giben by mataji, if patient is unable to walk, a doli is always available there to reach at Mata ji since there are appox. 150 steps. Accommodation is easily available at Amba ji and it is well connected thru all parts of India, having distance of 150 KMS from Ahemdabad(GUJRAT) and 20 KMS from ABU ROAD. Abu Road is Railway Station, from where one can board Jeep, taxi, bus etc. which are easily available. JAI MAA AMBAY.

Comment from Vivek Sharma
Time January 12, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I want darshan of mata ji what is the way to go them please explain

Comment from Shree
Time January 27, 2011 at 8:02 AM

have any advance cancer patients cured after taking the blessing of mata ji…

Comment from pari
Time March 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM

hi simran y dont u also provide the number of mata ji it could be of great help to people from out station

Comment from Shharad A Dixith
Time April 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Kindly let me know any contact details who ever visited to Mata Jii. Mine contact number is 9172545508 & gmail id is dixitasharad

Comment from Raghubir Singh
Time June 6, 2011 at 4:18 AM

My daughter was suffering from bone tomour in her right leg. We, the whole family, were going to see him regularly. He advised us to visit five times and we have paid visits four times and were to leave Chandigarh for having darshan on 5th time that the health condition of my daughter deteriorated and finally she expired on 22-05-2011. Still mata ji has divine powers. Jai maa ambay.

Comment from dimple gupta
Time September 16, 2011 at 11:37 AM

my brother has brain tumor I request you to provide me His phone no. We are in very much tension.My mobile no is 9780639767 & my id is dimplegupta2000@yahoo.com.

Comment from Avinash Kumar Srivastava
Time September 22, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Mata Ji mai apky darshan karna chahta hun,kripya mujy apny sakchat darshan digeya.Mata ji meri arthik esthti bahut kharab hai ap meri arthik esthiti ko sahi karny ki kripa kary.AAP me sakchat bhagwan hai,mujhy viswas hai ki aap meri manokamna jarror puri karygi,mera parivar ab apky sahary hai.

Comment from DavidR
Time September 26, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Prahlad Jani is often near Gabbar Hiltop, one of the temples near Ambaji. The entrance gates to his temple are at
24 20 24.51 N by 72 49 40.55 E. Drive North from Ambaji, take a left turn before the border, carry on a few hundred meters past the entrance buildings of the hill top cable car temple. There is a set of iron gates on the right.
The temple where he stays is a brand new building reached by following the track through the gates, up the hill to a small car park down on the other side. There are then roofed steps up the next hillside to 24 20 39.02 N 72 49 36.25 E.
Note: he is not always in as he has to attend opening ceremonies and other urgent calls, sometimes on Sunday. The temple has security, so stick to the walkway. He was friendly and kind, giving us apples, sweets, pens with his photo etc. He only speaks Gujarati so a translator will be needed as few of his staff speak English.
The hospital reports show that they could not account for their observations and I would be inclined to believe this over some of the press articles. He does not claim any other powers but has deep experience of meditation. He says he facilitates a connection between devotees and the godess Amba.

Comment from Admin
Time September 26, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Thank you DavidR for the interesting info!

Comment from chetan
Time December 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM

me chetan frm delhi plzz send me shri Prahlad Jani (mataji) address & me how meet in Shri Prahlad Jani any contact number so please send me thank you

Comment from Anup
Time March 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

at present where i meet mataji

Comment from Nishant
Time April 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM

pls send me pralhad jani at Ahmadabad

Comment from sanjay
Time November 7, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Thank U very much simran, our provide address chunri wala mataji after meeting Oh! God wonderful feeling our hart I have no words but thanks so wonderful, wonderful

Comment from Rekha
Time January 13, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I want to meet mataji. Tell me thy way & day on which i am able to meet mataji

Comment from polaiahgupta
Time March 25, 2013 at 3:26 AM

My mother had mad from thirty years. So many docters said it was not cure. Sir please say mataji address i want to meet her and take bllessings. Iam in prakasam district, ap. So how to meet her

Comment from sanjay b
Time May 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Chunari wala mataji address: Gujarat in Banasktha in Ambaji temple, Gabbar temple nearly hundred meters distance away right side look to the Iron Gate going to in this gate state away then showing big highill temple. & any one auto, other travel ask you where is chunari wala mataji temple, they can lift to direct temple. Important Note: only meet Sunday 8 to 12 and purnmaasi 8 to 12. & Pl. let go with three Apple

Comment from anjana
Time September 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM

hi,i realy need prahladjani phone please let me know realy argent

Comment from anjana
Time September 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM

31YEARBUSINESS IGOT ALWAYS BAD LUCK IAM ILLASWELL PLEASE PROVIDE ME JANI PHONE NUMBER IAM REALY APRICIATETHANKS

Comment from Alakendu
Time September 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM

You can’t contact Mataji in phone. From Ahmedabad board a Bus that goes to Ambaji. After getting down at Ambaji just take a auto or Jeep to Gabbar (3km from Ambaji). On reaching Gabbar..ask at the shops there about “Chunriwala Mataji ka ashram”. Its a steep hill up where you find a gate to Mataji’s ashram. Their at the top of the hill is Mataji’s ashram and carry 3 apples with you. Meet Mataji only on every Sunday (8am-12) and Poornima’s of every month as he speaks to devotees only on those 2 days.

Comment from Akhileshwar
Time February 3, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Anyone who has gone and meet prahlaadjee please contact me .I want to take information about him anyone my number is 9798610961

Comment from satish goel
Time October 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM

my life aim is like prahlad jani,so i want to meet him.so I want to know when he meet to common people.

Comment from satish goel
Time October 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I m great fan of mata ji. I spend my most of time to read about mata ji on my pc.I want to meet him. please provide me meeting time. My contact no is 8099805820

Comment from PRAMOD KULKANI
Time October 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM

namaskar,
i need address,time,and nearby station/contact no baba.
regards,
pdkulkarni.

Comment from Maurine
Time October 13, 2014 at 5:44 AM

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, thiss website is truly pleasant and the viewers are
actually sharing pleasant thoughts.