Beirut featured in the Spring 2010 edition of Times Travel magazine

“Lebanon’s cosmopolitan capital is finally getting its groove back”. That’s how the New York Times Travel magazine introduces Beirut in their Spring 2010 edition.

Though it was once known as the Paris of the Middle East, ‘‘Beirut never truly lost its sheen,’’ says Gordon Campbell Gray, the British hotelier who finally opened Le Gray last November, having forged ahead even through the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war. The Lebanese capital surely has a touch of Parisian glamour, but it also has a dash of Berlin (bullet-pocked buildings after a civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990) and Miami (flashy night-life zones choked with Ferraris and S.U.V.’s). There’s a burgeoning gallery scene, world-class shopping — from avant-garde boutiques like IF to big-ticket designers like Marc Jacobs and Dior — and five-star hotels like the new Four Seasons and Le Gray. ‘‘The Lebanese have a spirit for living for the day, and it permeates every aspect of their life,’’ Campbell Gray says. ‘‘You really understand this when you head back to a Western city.’’

Check the featured article at http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/03/28/t-magazine/travel-issue/28remix-beirut.html

Le Gray, Beirut - New York Times Travel Magazine Spring 2010

Le Gray, Beirut - New York Times Travel Magazine Spring 2010

Comments

Comment from sab
Time April 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM

niceeee very niceee articlee!!!

Comment from Ber0
Time April 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM

I like!! :) It’s good that western journalists only see hotels, bars and restaurant and never see the small picture of the city (streets, traffic, etc… )

It’s out of question to find a parking on the street!! It’s out of question not to get stuck in traffic during the day, no matter where you go and what time you go!

Comment from Fadi
Time April 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I miss Lebanon. Fact.

Comment from _____ seo
Time October 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

No matter if some one searches for his vital thing,
thus he/she needs to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

Comment from brain games
Time February 1, 2019 at 4:47 AM

That’s a great spot for travel.

Comment from morocco tours
Time July 17, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Comment from cruise rentals
Time July 19, 2019 at 8:16 AM

Comment from Sarlat hotel
Time July 22, 2019 at 6:56 AM

Hello, Great dude you are mentioned very well tips to travel. You can enjoy the traveling when you are alone traveling that is very strange I pick your tips and ideas and will try in my next traveling. Thanks for these tips.

Comment from AirBNB Code
Time July 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Hello, These tips are so important, yet many neglect them. We are very self-conscious and are equipped. We see people on the road stranded when they could have avoided it.

Comment from Manaslu circuit trek
Time July 29, 2019 at 2:55 AM

Hi, I have to admit that earning a living while traveling sounds great to me. I, never even thought of some of the ideas you provided above. I would love to be able to earn a passive income through real estate rental properties but ever.

Comment from Agence de voyage
Time August 1, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Hi, Great article that covers all of the basics. I especially love the white noise machine, since travel can completely disrupt a little one’s sleep schedule. If you don’t have a white noise machine, there are some apps that do the trick nicely as well. Traveling with a baby can be tricky, but the right gear makes it so much easier. If you are going to be out and about walking with your baby while away, the right baby carrier and/or stroller makes a world of difference too.

Comment from wildlouisianatours
Time August 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Hi, We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful info to work on. You’ve done an impressive activity and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.

Comment from tourflag
Time August 5, 2019 at 5:33 AM

I am heading back to Budapest in January and the first place I’m going to go is to the baths! It’s so nice.Glad you loved Budapest as much as I do. Hope you get back there soon.

Comment from visit
Time August 7, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Funny, I just bought an exact duplicate copy of that today. Would love to have more details on supplies, suppliers, and how you accomplished such an amazing restoration.

Comment from holidays
Time August 13, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Many countries make law and regulations to stable country conditions. To make law and regulations for one country to another is much important. China is a brilliant country, therefore, warns his citizens to travel in the US country. Beijing has stepped up its warnings against the U.S. by cautioning Chinese people about working, studying and traveling in America.

Comment from USA ESTA Visa
Time August 28, 2019 at 3:20 AM

Your industry is doing good work. Every industry want good and neat work. So you are the first who deal with good manner. We know that Millennials have different expectations from employers than previous generations. Employers should be honest with their work and do work with heartly. I need from you more psots.

Comment from jeftine karte
Time August 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Hello, Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts. The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies. Thanks for including me! I loved reading through this feature. I’m happy to know that we all have our own versions of our happy place!

Comment from avio karte
Time August 29, 2019 at 7:44 AM

I’m not certain the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I was looking for this info for my mission.

Comment from Amalfi
Time September 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Hello, Just make sure that the single item limit is high enough to cover your camera and each lens, and that you’re covered for accidental damage, theft, and loss. If you have a lot of gear—or just very expensive gear—you’ll need a specific photographers policy.

Comment from viator coupons
Time September 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Camping is an outdoor activity involving overnight stays away from home in a shelter, such as a tent. When We go to travel we also camping. I love the article, Keep updating the interesting article.

Comment from phuket tour package
Time September 17, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Travel is an important part of our life and I think this is the best way to create positivity in life. Travel to new places in the world is also a way to learn about new things in the world. I think it is best for health.

Comment from excursions
Time September 18, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Traveling with friends, family, and loved ones can be great, but the benefits of social travel are very different from the benefits of traveling alone. With the right mindset, you’ll see how traveling alone is not only an incredible life experience- it’s often a necessary life experience. Your work is very good.

Comment from Miami Traveler
Time September 25, 2019 at 9:54 PM

I am wondering if you could advise me as to stay on the Buda or Pest side? From what I have read so far, I understand that the views are generally nicer from the Buda side, where as there is a lot more to do on the Pest side(keeping in mind that it is definitely not the quieter and calmer of the two:).

Comment from carry
Time October 19, 2019 at 11:49 AM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.visa to China

Time October 19, 2019 at 3:10 PM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.bus hire

Comment from carry
Time October 20, 2019 at 9:20 AM

We Compare Hotel Prices & Vacation Home Rentals from major hotels and booking sites. Best price guarantee for Hotels, Resorts, Hostels, Apartments, Boutique hotels, Business hotels, Guest Houses, worldwide.trivago holidays

Comment from Thailand Best Attractions
Time October 20, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Hello, Such a neat way to display and remember some of your favorite trips! Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday – I’m featuring your travel cooler at our upcoming party. We’d love for you to stop by and link up again!

Time November 3, 2019 at 6:41 AM

Hello, Thank you so much. Life happens. I’m just glad it was something we could handle. I have two credit cards I use for everything. One is my American Airlines AAdvantage card, and the other is my Chase card. I actually might have just stuck with the AAdvantage card, but it charges foreign transaction fees! That’s why I think Chase is such a great card for travelers. Those foreign transaction fees can add up.avionske karte

Time November 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM

This could be a great experience if you are planning to be a pilot someday. The instructors are surely trusted. They have several thousands of hours of experience, they are FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructors, and have been working Flight Instructors for many years. I have been thinking this training for almost a month. Before, I dreamed to be a pilot but now, I am afraid because I always think that the planes will crash. I hope that I could get a chance and a courage to experience this training.Camping in France with children

Time November 9, 2019 at 8:23 AM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.avio karte

Time November 12, 2019 at 5:54 AM

Hello, We are from Australia but live in London. We’ve done the long trip once with a 3 mth old and shortly again with a 6 mth old. We decided to travel during the day so getting on the plane in the morning. After a good rest and we are ready for the day out! Also other passengers not ready to sleep as soon as you get on the plane (which is what we did with no baby!). Landing in the evening and straight to the hotel for 2-3 nights before all again for the second long flight. Breaking up the journey really helps us and a great excuse to see a different city. Obviously managing the baby’s ears during descent was the most challenging. The only other (obvious) tip is to not rush. We spent years rushing when we traveled and soon learned that’s impossible with our little one. So planning the trip around our baby staying as happy as possible really helped. Rushing and stress just meant our baby was as well (me more than my very calm wife). I am learning still to take my time and relax, especially with long haul travel. It is just another adventure, albeit an exhausting one.cheap tickets

Time November 13, 2019 at 1:09 PM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.Travel Tips

Time November 18, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Time November 18, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Hostels are an indispensable part of traveling alone. There you can always meet an interesting person with whom there will be something to talk about and even make friends with. Choosing the best hostels in Berlin, for example, I looked at the capacity of people, the more the better, there will be more acquaintances

Time November 18, 2019 at 1:01 PM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.AZ RV Sales

Time November 21, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Travel is the best to remain positivity in life. Air travel most of these days entails a lot of rules for you to follow both with regard to airports ALONG WITH travelers. the means single can zero lengthier only field anything he wants in order to with his luggage.kona dolphin tour

Time November 26, 2019 at 10:37 AM

I believe such travel needs to be prompted more as a way to preserve in touch. now not only had that it additionally helped me in gaining respective information.Your blog provide a useful information.

Time November 26, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Winter is the best time to trekking in Nepal for mountain chains views. I have organized and done many trekking in winter and all of my clients were happy to be in Nepal at those moments. Because, the weather was perfect! But, sometimes, it was little bit colder as it was the winter.Jaipur Walks

Time November 27, 2019 at 1:15 PM

Greece is one of the most beautiful places I have traveled and is an ideal tourist area for those who love the atmosphere of relaxation and tranquility and many areas draw you because of the ancient monuments and will not be able to damage the whole country in a short time because it has a large number of wonderful and distinctive islands that need a very long time To discover, there are many cities I have visited such as Athens, Mikanos and Spata. The shopping experience was very beautiful and ideal for a family atmosphere.
bitcoin loophole review

Time December 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM

Great article that covers all of the basics. I especially love the white noise machine, since travel can completely disrupt a little one’s sleep schedule. If you don’t have a white noise machine, there are some apps that do the trick nicely as well. Traveling with a baby can be tricky, but the right gear makes it so much easier. If you are going to be out and about walking with your baby while away, the right baby carrier and/or stroller makes a world of difference too.tibet travel

Time December 1, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Your travel cooler caught my eye at the Bouquet of Talent party. What a fantastic idea!!! Our cooler, that we’ve had for decades, has been so many places. Wish we would have thought of this back in the day because I don’t think I can remember all the places it has been. Pinning yours to share

Time December 4, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Hello, This seems like such a stunning trip! I too would love to explore an organic farm, take cooking classes, walk on beautiful sunny hikes, enjoy delicious food and bask in the sun. I cannot wait for summer vacation to start already!tempo traveller in chandigarh

Comment from harry
Time December 4, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Hello, This seems like such a stunning trip! I too would love to explore an organic farm, take cooking classes, walk on beautiful sunny hikes, enjoy delicious food and bask in the sun. I cannot wait for summer vacation to start already!jamaica

Time December 8, 2019 at 12:12 AM

You have written all the detail about travel that is very helpful for us. Every traveler should need this information. Often we suffer in diseases so this is the best guidance blog for all. Very nice post, thanks for more information. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me.Spain

Time December 10, 2019 at 12:55 AM

I make a point to stay in the city of my flight the day before. (Our closest airport is 2.5 hrs away.) This allows me to have a bit of a getaway, decompress, and enjoy a change of scenery. (Not to mention, catch a flight first thing in the morning.)dolphin tours

Comment from Anonymous
Time December 11, 2019 at 9:09 AM

Renting a car is such a common part of the travel experience that you’d think the process would be straightforward and transparent. I usually rent from Autoclick aeropuerto Barcelona when I need a ride. Many travellers aren’t sure how to rent a car without making a few common mistakes. I was lucky enough to not have any problems.

Time December 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.Amsterdam guide

Time December 18, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Back when I was unhappy at my day job, I pretty much made sure to wake up early every single work day. While I was tired, I knew that waking up early allowed me to have just a little bit more time so that I could work on reaching my goals.santa ana village

Time December 19, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Awesome trip! Road trips are the best, but you often are way more tired when you return. I remember doing a very similar route when I was a kid… so much fun!!! Love that you finally got the Joy the Baker book. Woo-hoo.accessible travel

Time December 19, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Hi, This is a long list but Some of these are actually very good ideas. Especially the travel pillow is my favorite one. I never miss to taking this when I am going for any long trip. Thanks for the sharing such an informative article with a great list.Cheap hotels

Time December 21, 2019 at 11:21 AM

hello there, I was trying to download the Traveling to Career Lots mod but when I clicked the “here” it said URL not found. is there any other site where i can still download it safely and have it work? thank you..jeftine avio karte

Time December 22, 2019 at 8:18 AM

Hello, This seems like such a stunning trip! I too would love to explore an organic farm, take cooking classes, walk on beautiful sunny hikes, enjoy delicious food and bask in the sun. I cannot wait for summer vacation to start already!no fault doctor in Queens

Time December 23, 2019 at 3:20 AM

Hi, A few years ago I finally asked my mom if she had the recipe for the ?banana split dessert thing? that she made a long time ago, and she was able to dig it up for me. It took me approximately 2.2 seconds to assemble what I needed and I?ve been enjoying it at least a couple of times a year ever since!sites like ebay.car accident doctor

Time December 24, 2019 at 4:33 AM

Hi, This is a long list but Some of these are actually very good ideas. Especially the travel pillow is my favorite one. I never miss to taking this when I am going for any long trip. Thanks for the sharing such an informative article with a great list.desert safari deal

Time December 24, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Love what you’ve done with the cooler. It’s a really cool project!off plan dubai

Comment from Dennis Smith
Time December 26, 2019 at 7:20 AM

Broadband internet to the next level with Du Home Internet across UAE. As DU has doubled speed for businesses and consumers.

Comment from carry
Time December 26, 2019 at 9:24 AM

Winter is the best time to trekking in Nepal for mountain chains views. I have organized and done many trekking in winter and all of my clients were happy to be in Nepal at those moments. Because, the weather was perfect! But, sometimes, it was little bit colder as it was the winter.Colinas de Montealegre

Time December 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM

These are great pics! We are looking in buying an Oliver and wondered what you tow yours with. Have you gotten very much use out of it? Any regrets? Any insight would be so helpful.tours in Marrakech

Time December 29, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Great article that covers all of the basics. I especially love the white noise machine, since travel can completely disrupt a little one’s sleep schedule. If you don’t have a white noise machine, there are some apps that do the trick nicely as well. Traveling with a baby can be tricky, but the right gear makes it so much easier. If you are going to be out and about walking with your baby while away, the right baby carrier and/or stroller makes a world of difference too.black travel club

Comment from carry
Time January 1, 2020 at 9:02 AM

Camping with your baby can be a lot of fun, and can be a special time between you and your baby. Babies adjust easily and seem to enjoy the new sights and sounds of camping. There are many items made for a baby and for use with a baby on a camping trip. Thanks for the amazing information.custom paint by numbers

Time January 5, 2020 at 6:51 AM

Travel is a great source of pleasure and enjoyment. Through travel, we can bring a positive change in our thinking. Travel is a source to know about the new things of the world. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me. Thanks for sharing.Thanks for sharing an article like this. The information which you have provided is better than another blog. Nice and very informative Article.Who flies to Amsterdam

Time January 12, 2020 at 7:36 AM

Such a lovely post. I love to go on bike riding adventures too. Best of luck for your next ride. Stay safe and strong. Thumbs up. The app which you have mentions in the above post I like it. With the help of this, we can take a lot of advantage.Tours a Cusco

Time January 12, 2020 at 12:48 PM

A wonderful post. You are extremely brave holding that tarantula – I wouldn’t even hold a normal spider willingly – I too am petrified by them, though I do understand that there’s no need to be scared of them normally but it doesn’t help me in the least. I also enjoyed the photo of your youngest drinking a cup of tea.

Time January 13, 2020 at 8:51 AM

This Dairy Farm condo is located near to two Nature Reserves, like the Dairy Farm Nature Reserve and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Most importantly, Dairy Farm Residences is the only mixed development in the entire area.bitcoin lifestyle review

Time January 16, 2020 at 9:59 PM

Good tip. I never thought to bring one on one of my trips. I might buy one from Amazon. Thanks for sharing!best places to travel

Time January 18, 2020 at 9:15 AM

When dressing for airplanes, I make sure to wear layers, super thick socks and a blanket scarf to keep things cozy. I wear a favorite pair of pull on Chelsea boots to get through security quickly.Switzerland private tours

Time January 23, 2020 at 7:08 AM

hello there, I was trying to download the Traveling to Career Lots mod but when I clicked the “here” it said URL not found. is there any other site where i can still download it safely and have it work? thank you. Hakone Day Trip