Beirut featured in the Spring 2010 edition of Times Travel magazine

“Lebanon’s cosmopolitan capital is finally getting its groove back”. That’s how the New York Times Travel magazine introduces Beirut in their Spring 2010 edition.

Though it was once known as the Paris of the Middle East, ‘‘Beirut never truly lost its sheen,’’ says Gordon Campbell Gray, the British hotelier who finally opened Le Gray last November, having forged ahead even through the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war. The Lebanese capital surely has a touch of Parisian glamour, but it also has a dash of Berlin (bullet-pocked buildings after a civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990) and Miami (flashy night-life zones choked with Ferraris and S.U.V.’s). There’s a burgeoning gallery scene, world-class shopping — from avant-garde boutiques like IF to big-ticket designers like Marc Jacobs and Dior — and five-star hotels like the new Four Seasons and Le Gray. ‘‘The Lebanese have a spirit for living for the day, and it permeates every aspect of their life,’’ Campbell Gray says. ‘‘You really understand this when you head back to a Western city.’’

Check the featured article at http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/03/28/t-magazine/travel-issue/28remix-beirut.html

Le Gray, Beirut - New York Times Travel Magazine Spring 2010

Le Gray, Beirut - New York Times Travel Magazine Spring 2010

Comments

Comment from sab
Time April 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM

niceeee very niceee articlee!!!

Comment from Ber0
Time April 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM

I like!! :) It’s good that western journalists only see hotels, bars and restaurant and never see the small picture of the city (streets, traffic, etc… )

It’s out of question to find a parking on the street!! It’s out of question not to get stuck in traffic during the day, no matter where you go and what time you go!

Comment from Fadi
Time April 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I miss Lebanon. Fact.

Comment from _____ seo
Time October 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

No matter if some one searches for his vital thing,
thus he/she needs to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

Comment from brain games
Time February 1, 2019 at 4:47 AM

That’s a great spot for travel.

Comment from morocco tours
Time July 17, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Comment from cruise rentals
Time July 19, 2019 at 8:16 AM

Comment from Sarlat hotel
Time July 22, 2019 at 6:56 AM

Hello, Great dude you are mentioned very well tips to travel. You can enjoy the traveling when you are alone traveling that is very strange I pick your tips and ideas and will try in my next traveling. Thanks for these tips.

Comment from AirBNB Code
Time July 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Hello, These tips are so important, yet many neglect them. We are very self-conscious and are equipped. We see people on the road stranded when they could have avoided it.

Comment from Manaslu circuit trek
Time July 29, 2019 at 2:55 AM

Hi, I have to admit that earning a living while traveling sounds great to me. I, never even thought of some of the ideas you provided above. I would love to be able to earn a passive income through real estate rental properties but ever.

Comment from Agence de voyage
Time August 1, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Hi, Great article that covers all of the basics. I especially love the white noise machine, since travel can completely disrupt a little one’s sleep schedule. If you don’t have a white noise machine, there are some apps that do the trick nicely as well. Traveling with a baby can be tricky, but the right gear makes it so much easier. If you are going to be out and about walking with your baby while away, the right baby carrier and/or stroller makes a world of difference too.

Comment from wildlouisianatours
Time August 2, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Hi, We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful info to work on. You’ve done an impressive activity and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.

Comment from tourflag
Time August 5, 2019 at 5:33 AM

I am heading back to Budapest in January and the first place I’m going to go is to the baths! It’s so nice.Glad you loved Budapest as much as I do. Hope you get back there soon.

Comment from visit
Time August 7, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Funny, I just bought an exact duplicate copy of that today. Would love to have more details on supplies, suppliers, and how you accomplished such an amazing restoration.

Comment from holidays
Time August 13, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Many countries make law and regulations to stable country conditions. To make law and regulations for one country to another is much important. China is a brilliant country, therefore, warns his citizens to travel in the US country. Beijing has stepped up its warnings against the U.S. by cautioning Chinese people about working, studying and traveling in America.

Comment from USA ESTA Visa
Time August 28, 2019 at 3:20 AM

Your industry is doing good work. Every industry want good and neat work. So you are the first who deal with good manner. We know that Millennials have different expectations from employers than previous generations. Employers should be honest with their work and do work with heartly. I need from you more psots.

Comment from jeftine karte
Time August 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Hello, Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts. The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies. Thanks for including me! I loved reading through this feature. I’m happy to know that we all have our own versions of our happy place!

Comment from avio karte
Time August 29, 2019 at 7:44 AM

I’m not certain the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I was looking for this info for my mission.

Comment from Amalfi
Time September 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Hello, Just make sure that the single item limit is high enough to cover your camera and each lens, and that you’re covered for accidental damage, theft, and loss. If you have a lot of gear—or just very expensive gear—you’ll need a specific photographers policy.

Comment from viator coupons
Time September 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Camping is an outdoor activity involving overnight stays away from home in a shelter, such as a tent. When We go to travel we also camping. I love the article, Keep updating the interesting article.

Comment from phuket tour package
Time September 17, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Travel is an important part of our life and I think this is the best way to create positivity in life. Travel to new places in the world is also a way to learn about new things in the world. I think it is best for health.

Comment from excursions
Time September 18, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Traveling with friends, family, and loved ones can be great, but the benefits of social travel are very different from the benefits of traveling alone. With the right mindset, you’ll see how traveling alone is not only an incredible life experience- it’s often a necessary life experience. Your work is very good.