Lebanese faking Canadian Permanent Residency exposed!

And you wonder why the term Lebanese is not very appreciated in the Western world.

It is a shame (at least for me) to bring you this. Last week, a documentary appearing on Radio Canada’s show Enquête exposed the Lebanese faking their Canadian Permanent Residency to seek the Canadian Citizenship. Here is the documentary split into four parts for those who didn’t have the chance to see it:

Part 1:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Part 2:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Part 3:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Part 4:
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Comments

Comment from Jad
Time September 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM

What a shame!

Comment from theFool
Time September 25, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Not the best of documentaries :( Its embaressing for the rest of us.

Comment from admin
Time September 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I think it’s the Lebanese Government to blame for that. If we had strict rules on our border, people wouldn’t do this. At the end, humans are flexible, and tend to fill and sometimes over-take the threshold of freedom they are given.

Comment from maro
Time September 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM

It’s sad that it’s brought out in public but very true
at the same time, if people are paying bills and taxes and well if they are puting some sorts of investments in the country, then I dont see y its a big deal… unless they are just abusing completely of the system…
Lebanese people are not the only people who do this, it IS hard to not be in the homeland for more than 3 yrs, I mean if a family has kids, within 3 yrs of living in a different country, kids develop values, habits, ways, understanding of this new country of residency, which could cause trouble in the family seeing that the parents will keep their same old values etc. it could pretty much make a family fall appart in some way..
I dont agree with people who take advantage of the system in such a way but at the same time, I dont think people who decide to go and live back home for a couple of years should lose the right to a canadian citizenship, if they are paying bills and taxes..

Comment from H
Time September 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Of course it’s a shame, why would you advertize this anyway, I haven’t watched it yet by the way

Comment from Zerolando
Time September 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I am not surprised. This is nothing compared to other things we do in other countries.
bye

Comment from Posh
Time September 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I hope to get to watch it soon when I have the time. It seems quite embarrassing for us from the comments.

Comment from jean michel
Time September 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM

ils sont fous ces libanais….

Comment from S. Hajjar
Time October 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM

S.V.P ne pas inclure les 95 % des libanais vivants au canada comme des fraudeurs C’est vraiment embarassant pour la majorite qui n’ont rien a faire dans toute cette histoire

Comment from M. Zaarour
Time October 9, 2009 at 2:22 AM

well if we are escaping out of this country because of the unfair life that we are living and we do all say there is no law in Lebanon, at least we can offer to the second country our respect for its rules and life conditions.

Comment from Joelle
Time October 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Lebanese are starting to be extremely discrimanated in Canada !!
I live in Canada, i did my degree in Mcgill and then my master in HEC Montreal, and it has been 3 years since i applied for the citizenship and i did not get my citizenship yet!!!!!!!!
And i know of many Lebanese cases who have really lived in Canada and are the victims of this story nowadays !!
This is real discrimination for all Lebanese people who are living in Canada and being treated like shit by immigration nowadays !!

Comment from admin
Time October 13, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I completely understand you Joelle.

Comment from kodder
Time October 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I understand you Joelle, I am immigrating soon to Quebec. Every year its taking more and more time and harder rules for people to immigrate to Canada because of assholes like these. One of my friends said that he will do the same, if he does that I will report him. I don’t need to be fucked because of people that think that the Lebanese Smartassness should work everywhere. They are damaging the reputation of the rest of us.

Comment from Richard
Time October 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

We migrated initially to Canada to escape being living among gangs, thieves, crooks, and garbage people, we always felt proud declaring out Lebanese nationality, but with what some Lebanese are doing here in Canada, we are very ashame to say we are Lebanese.

Comment from RRR
Time November 12, 2009 at 10:14 AM

in below admin comments, I would replace Lebanese Government by “Canadian Government”

Comment from RG
Time November 26, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Am so sad to know what they did in canada.I’ve applied to canada last year & i’ve checked that a desicion has been made regarding my immigration application. Now I fear the worst that the desicion would be “refusal” all because of the shitt people that are ruining the chnace for other people by doing such a shamefull activity. Why they are doing it?

Comment from Gilbert
Time March 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Hellllo not only the lebanese people are doing this !!! when you apply to immigrate you wait for 4 years to get your visa , imagine guys what would happen in this 4 years of waiting then suddenly you should leave for a completly new life and stay away from your country of origin for 3 consecutive years , i think lebanese people should think twice before deciding to immigrate to canada

Comment from admin
Time March 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Gilbert, I agree with you. I also agree that it’s not only Lebanese who are doing this. Many people from other nationalities are doing the same too.

Comment from elie
Time April 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM

what happenned to Nizar Zakka after all?

Comment from admin
Time April 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM

elie,
I am not sure but I think he’s being investigated by the police as he was caught in another scandal about the RAMQ which I have blogged about.

I heard some rumors that he owes the government around 12M $ and that they got from him till now around 3M $. But these are just rumors and I cannot confirm them.

Comment from Ali
Time June 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Hi everybody, excuse me if i made some english grammar mistakes.
Why you are all submissive, its normal that there is discrimination here eventhough the canadian constitution is against that and i don’t think the canadians will treat all lebansese the same, each one has its own story.
I immigrated a year and half ago and it was hard for me to find a job because i don’t master the both official languages and also there is a financial crisis in canada lots of people lost their jobs or they cannot find a job and lots of people from different nationalities don’t find a good job.
About the fraud for the citizenship if the canadians wants to stop that they can talk to the lebanese government to stop it on the lebansese airport. But they let it because they know if they won’t let the lebanese have some liberty of moving they will leave canada forever.
I am working for the governement and i never felt discrimination we have to integrate so to let the others love to work or talk to us.
I know each one has its own story , if you need help you are welcome to contact me on my email with love to all people from all backgrounds :), chakazoulou2002@hotmail.com

Comment from Mansour Samara
Time June 27, 2010 at 5:57 PM

hi every body pls i need to quebk but how i don,t know if some body to help me i want to say God Bless u and ur family

Comment from admin
Time July 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Mansour,

Please go to my other post http://www.rabihdagher.com/blog/2009/04/canadian-embassy-in-lebanon-now-accepts-immigration-applications/ and start by checking the Comments section. It might be useful in your case.

Comment from yuri mrakadi
Time September 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Dear Mr. Dagher,

I came across ur blog by chance as I was surfing the net trying to express my resentment to what my fellow lebanese have done in Quebec. What worries me more, is this unethical behavior muting into our DNA. Madness is the only explanation to what has happened in 2006 and onward, why would anyone cheat or commit fraud against someone or an entity or a government landing a helping hand? I have just did my landing immigration in montreal and never ever felt more human than I do feel now, I have been everywhere, crossed the globed several times but this is the first time I get this kind of treatment whether doing my social security number or medical card. From day one, my family and I felt we are at home, protected, respected and not because I am Yuri Mrakadi the singer but because I am a human being.
For the sake of people who really want to belong to this marvelous city and on behalf of people who do not want their name to be tangled with thieves and opportunists. STOP acting like you are smart Lebanese and can get out of it, imagine if the Canadian government implements the exit stamp suddenly! would love to see your reactions now.
I am not preaching nor presuming I am an angel but I want a better life for my kids and this country has offered me this chance.

Comment from rony
Time December 15, 2010 at 11:31 PM

fuck CANADA all quebequeers can suck my dick…hahahah

Comment from rony
Time December 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM

U.S.A is in the house bitches..CANADA is like a cheap slut on saint catherine,everyone takes advantage of it.lol

Comment from remi
Time July 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM

like people like mr mahkoo and all the others arabic ( syrian and lebaneese lawyer) are just missleading the new immigtant.. no way an immigrant to canada would have the idea to use a fake document to get the citizen ship without a leading from the dum ass scam laywer, am a victime of their acts and my perment resident is on hold because of them, i should the canadian authorithy should always connect directly with the newly immigrant and explaing everything clearly and fearly
again : fuck you raed mahko

Comment from alexandra
Time September 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM

”L’ignorance de la loi n’excuse personne”

Comment from Joumana
Time December 27, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Also my fiancée is at cananda since 16jan 2013 and still working without any legal papers and he have a lot of money and paying no tax

Comment from LeomaNBierce
Time August 23, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to death at your workplace thus i decided to check out your site on my small iphone during lunch break.

I enjoy the information you present here and can’t wait to have a look
after i get back home. I’m amazed at how quick your website loaded in my cellular phone ..
I’m not actually using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, good blog!