Tips to avoid jetlag in travel

It takes me a couple of days everytime I travel to adjust to the new time zone. A large number of people, including me, experience jetlag in their travel, but following some simple tips can help them avoid or even lessen the impact of jetlag.

It can start with diet, since foods with high protein make you feel alert whereas those with high carbohydrate levels make you feel sleepy. On-flight tips can help you avoid jetlag as well such as drinking lots of water, setting the watch to where you are traveling, eating and sleeping according to the new time zone, and not overeating since it makes you sluggish.

Fore more information about this, you can watch the video below by CTV’s health specialist Dr. Rhonda Low:

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Comments

Comment from tourism
Time June 29, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
If you’re able to sleep while you fly, go for a red-eye so you can sleep overnight and make the transition as seamless as possible. While travel If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from safe travel
Time July 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM

Yes! If you’re able to sleep while you fly, go for red-eye so you can sleep overnight and make the transition as seamless as possible. If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from dark tourism
Time July 8, 2019 at 7:06 AM

I love watching movies in the theaters or on a large flat screen TV. But, when you are on the road, on an airplane or lying horizontally in bed, watching movies on your phone can be the best solution.

Comment from Taxi Prices
Time July 10, 2019 at 7:25 AM

I just set out on an around the world trip, I’m definitely in the snapshot and postcard crowd as I move from sight to sight and city to city every few days. I’m hopeful shooting every day will help improve my photography, but I didn’t give myself much time to go out and shoot with intention. I might need to start scheduling an hour or two a day just to go out and shoot.

Comment from tuky
Time August 4, 2019 at 12:12 AM

While travel If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early Five star enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from avionske karte
Time August 30, 2019 at 6:35 AM

Hello, Sounds good that travel to Mexico. Wonderful place to visit but there are some precautions while traveling like sure that you are ready for travel. Your health is most important. So take healthy food and fresh fruits. I appreciate the efforts you made when writing this article. I hope the best work from you in the future is good.

Comment from Omio Coupons
Time September 2, 2019 at 5:13 AM

Comment from Art World
Time September 2, 2019 at 7:48 AM

Hello, I enjoy your article. It is very handy when you are working on a project or busy with your hands. Definitely be conscious of where you are taking calls. If you wouldn’t talk on speakerphone, you shouldn’t talk on your Apple Watch.

Comment from morocco tours
Time September 2, 2019 at 9:24 AM

Hello, We are from Australia but live in London. We’ve done the long trip once with a 3 mth old and shortly again with a 6 mth old. We decided to travel during the day so getting on the plane in the morning. After a good rest and we are ready for the day out! Also other passengers not ready to sleep as soon as you get on the plane (which is what we did with no baby!). Landing in the evening and straight to the hotel for 2-3 nights before all again for the second long flight. Breaking up the journey really helps us and a great excuse to see a different city. Obviously managing the baby’s ears during descent was the most challenging. The only other (obvious) tip is to not rush. We spent years rushing when we traveled and soon learned that’s impossible with our little one. So planning the trip around our baby staying as happy as possible really helped. Rushing and stress just meant our baby was as well (me more than my very calm wife). I am learning still to take my time and relax, especially with long haul travel. It is just another adventure, albeit an exhausting one!

Comment from trip to Israel
Time September 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff.

Comment from tuky
Time September 12, 2019 at 2:37 PM

reat blog! I appreciate the efforts you made when writing this article. I hope the best work from you in the future is good. I want to thank you for this site! Thank you for sharing.
Yarra Valley Wine Tours

Comment from Kealakekua Bay snorkeling
Time September 13, 2019 at 6:49 AM

Great dude you are mentioned very well tips to travel. You can enjoy the travelling when you are alone travelling that is very strange I pick your tips and ideas and will try in my next travelling. Thanks for these tips.

Comment from tuky
Time October 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Sounds good that travel to Mexico. Wonderful place to visit but there are some precautions while traveling like sure that you are ready for travel. Your health is most important. So take healthy food and fresh fruits. You should always buy travel insurance. If you travel without it you are taking the risk. Have a good tour.Omio Coupons