Tips to avoid jetlag in travel

It takes me a couple of days everytime I travel to adjust to the new time zone. A large number of people, including me, experience jetlag in their travel, but following some simple tips can help them avoid or even lessen the impact of jetlag.

It can start with diet, since foods with high protein make you feel alert whereas those with high carbohydrate levels make you feel sleepy. On-flight tips can help you avoid jetlag as well such as drinking lots of water, setting the watch to where you are traveling, eating and sleeping according to the new time zone, and not overeating since it makes you sluggish.

Fore more information about this, you can watch the video below by CTV’s health specialist Dr. Rhonda Low:

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Comments

Comment from tourism
Time June 29, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
If you’re able to sleep while you fly, go for a red-eye so you can sleep overnight and make the transition as seamless as possible. While travel If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from safe travel
Time July 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM

Yes! If you’re able to sleep while you fly, go for red-eye so you can sleep overnight and make the transition as seamless as possible. If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from dark tourism
Time July 8, 2019 at 7:06 AM

I love watching movies in the theaters or on a large flat screen TV. But, when you are on the road, on an airplane or lying horizontally in bed, watching movies on your phone can be the best solution.

Comment from Taxi Prices
Time July 10, 2019 at 7:25 AM

I just set out on an around the world trip, I’m definitely in the snapshot and postcard crowd as I move from sight to sight and city to city every few days. I’m hopeful shooting every day will help improve my photography, but I didn’t give myself much time to go out and shoot with intention. I might need to start scheduling an hour or two a day just to go out and shoot.

Comment from tuky
Time August 4, 2019 at 12:12 AM

While travel If you’re not able to sleep on a plane, choose a flight that arrives early Five star enough for you to get to your final destination, into bed, and sleep to get a full night’s rest.

Comment from avionske karte
Time August 30, 2019 at 6:35 AM

Hello, Sounds good that travel to Mexico. Wonderful place to visit but there are some precautions while traveling like sure that you are ready for travel. Your health is most important. So take healthy food and fresh fruits. I appreciate the efforts you made when writing this article. I hope the best work from you in the future is good.

Comment from Omio Coupons
Time September 2, 2019 at 5:13 AM

Comment from Art World
Time September 2, 2019 at 7:48 AM

Hello, I enjoy your article. It is very handy when you are working on a project or busy with your hands. Definitely be conscious of where you are taking calls. If you wouldn’t talk on speakerphone, you shouldn’t talk on your Apple Watch.

Comment from morocco tours
Time September 2, 2019 at 9:24 AM

Hello, We are from Australia but live in London. We’ve done the long trip once with a 3 mth old and shortly again with a 6 mth old. We decided to travel during the day so getting on the plane in the morning. After a good rest and we are ready for the day out! Also other passengers not ready to sleep as soon as you get on the plane (which is what we did with no baby!). Landing in the evening and straight to the hotel for 2-3 nights before all again for the second long flight. Breaking up the journey really helps us and a great excuse to see a different city. Obviously managing the baby’s ears during descent was the most challenging. The only other (obvious) tip is to not rush. We spent years rushing when we traveled and soon learned that’s impossible with our little one. So planning the trip around our baby staying as happy as possible really helped. Rushing and stress just meant our baby was as well (me more than my very calm wife). I am learning still to take my time and relax, especially with long haul travel. It is just another adventure, albeit an exhausting one!

Comment from trip to Israel
Time September 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff.

Comment from tuky
Time September 12, 2019 at 2:37 PM

reat blog! I appreciate the efforts you made when writing this article. I hope the best work from you in the future is good. I want to thank you for this site! Thank you for sharing.
Yarra Valley Wine Tours

Comment from Kealakekua Bay snorkeling
Time September 13, 2019 at 6:49 AM

Great dude you are mentioned very well tips to travel. You can enjoy the travelling when you are alone travelling that is very strange I pick your tips and ideas and will try in my next travelling. Thanks for these tips.

Comment from tuky
Time October 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Sounds good that travel to Mexico. Wonderful place to visit but there are some precautions while traveling like sure that you are ready for travel. Your health is most important. So take healthy food and fresh fruits. You should always buy travel insurance. If you travel without it you are taking the risk. Have a good tour.Omio Coupons

Comment from shiza
Time October 17, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Travel is a great source of pleasure and enjoyment. Through travel, we can bring a positive change in our thinking. Travel is a source to know about the new things of the world. The information that you discuss in the article is really helpful for me. Thanks for sharing.Thanks for sharing an article like this. The information which you have provided is better than another blog. Nice and very informative Article. Visit here for more information.

Comment from emma
Time October 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Miami Tours
20 Sep 2019 4:24 AM

Hello, The most important part about traveling is packing, and if you are traveling by road then it plays a major role. Most of the people have no idea of packing while they are going on a trip and that might even cause some issues while you are on the journey.France Travel Blog

Comment from emma
Time October 20, 2019 at 4:45 AM

You need to explain about one and only Michael Jackson because every one know about that even kids also. He was one of the best dancer at that time in the world and people still follow his moves.Website Design

Comment from Thailand Private Tours
Time October 21, 2019 at 2:56 AM

Great travel tips thanks, guys! We are in the final stages of prep and planning, and although we have booked a few flights, we’re so happy to have kept the plan open-ended as every day someone tweets/blogs about a new experience we want to have!

Comment from Unrecognized Countries
Time October 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Good they shouldn’t be getting paid or allowed to go on vacations or anywhere else they should all have to stay in session until they work out a reasonable deal and build the wall Pelosi and the rest of that bunch have been in office way to long they have forgotten they work for us the people they have lost touch with reality.

Comment from carry
Time November 1, 2019 at 11:14 AM

Hello, This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it. Travel insurance is a particular type of policy which is made for special reasons to protect us while traveling because the unwanted situation can come anytime, it does not need any requirements to come.Thailand Holiday Package

Comment from disc
Time November 2, 2019 at 3:59 PM

Camping with your baby can be a lot of fun, and can be a special time between you and your baby. Babies adjust easily and seem to enjoy the new sights and sounds of camping. There are many items made for a baby and for use with a baby on a camping trip. Thanks for the amazing information. Disc Golf Accessories

Comment from carry
Time November 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM

I.am.SO.EXCITED! I have had this in my head since last March as soon as I found out we were having a boy. Then we were supposed to move into our new house in May, but if you’ve been around long enough, I’m sure you have heard me complain about that whole thing, BUT we didn’t move in until August (Adam came in July) <<You can see my dillema. Needless to say doing a whole nursery right after a c section just wasn’t really in the cards. Then came the holidays and months went by. Now Adam is 7 months old and I am finally done! YAY! I have been sharing sneak peeks on Instagram so you might have caught those, but today you get to see all of it! This post is a lot of pictures, so prepare your self to scroll! At the end you can find the tutorials I shared while creating this little boy nursery! If you are looking for the full breakdown of cost and where I got everything from, you can see that here.Bukit Panjang

Comment from lisa
Time November 22, 2019 at 11:23 PM

Hello, I went and saw The Help. I usually don’t watch sad movies because I don’t like being sad. But this one was amazing! The humor in the movie made up for all the sad parts. I don’t think I’ve laughed that much during a movie in a long time.Private Desert Safari Dubai

Comment from lisa
Time December 10, 2019 at 8:03 AM

I second the DVD player. I have been on a few car trips with my sister and her little ones (3 and 19 months) and there is some magical, calming power than can be found in watching Finding Nemo (my nephew’s favorite move) repeatedly.CUSTOM PAINT BY NUMBER